- Home sales jumped nearly 9 percent in March compared with March 2016, even as the number of homes for sale plunged 13 percent, according to a new report from Redfin.
- That resulted in the fastest average sales pace since Redfin began tracking in 2010. The typical home went under contract in just 49 days, down from 60 days a year ago.
- The median price of a home sold in March was $273,000, up 7.5 percent year over year.
Read the complete article here
By Diana Olick CNBC
- Two major lending changes mean it’s suddenly easier to get a mortgage
- Homes this spring are selling faster than ever
- Mortgage applications rise 1.5 percent, as interest rates fall to 2017 low.
- Good news for renters nationwide, as occupancy falls again, apartment landlords sweeten the pot.
- This is what’s behind the severe housing drought